RESPONDUS APOYO TIC GLOBAL
Below, information provided by Respondus to a contact of ours:
1) Our “COVID-19” response is here: https://web.respondus.com/covid-19/ . It provides information for universities to obtain a free/unlimited license of both LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor through the end of the term (May or June).
2) Over the last two weeks, over 500 universities have begun piloting Respondus Monitor for the first time. To accomplish this, we have stopped processing (or seeking) actual purchases of our system. Instead, it’s faster for us to simply provide universities immediate and free/unlimited access to our system and provide daily webinar trainings for faculty. We are asking universities (and university systems) to postpone discussions related to long-term licensing needs until things settle a bit. This enables our staff to assist the most number of universities with getting the technology in place for faculty.
3) The following resources will be helpful to administrators and instructors:
- Respondus Monitor: overview of key features, and instructor resources
- LockDown Browser: overview of key features, and instructor resources
- Rapid Rollout for Administrators provides answers the top questions that administrators have about these applications
- Rapid Rollout for Instructors answers the top questions instructors have about LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor
4) As noted in the resources above, LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor can only be used with assessments delivered within Moodle, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Canvas. In addition, students must use a Windows, Mac, or iPad device.
5) The LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor applications themselves are mostly localized for Spanish. There are a number of Spanish-speaking universities that use both applications, such as Universidad Internacional de la Rioja, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Institución Universitaria Ceipa, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Antillean Adventist University – Mayaguez. We also work with many universities in Puerto Rico (Inter American University of Puerto Rico; Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico; Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico).
That said, the training resources for LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor are currently only available in English. Our support services (knowledgebase, 24/7 Live Chat service for students) are also only available in English. Please also note that LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor aren’t localized for Portuguese.
6) The best way forward is to direct the individual institutions to request free/unlimited access to Respondus Monitor using https://web.respondus.com/covid-19/ . Most requests are being processed in one business day.